Updated January 21, 2018.
Is Twin Cities Care covered by HIPAA?
As an ECRA ¹ agency, Twin Cities Care does not fall under the classification of a HIPAA-covered entity or business associate ² and is therefore not legally required to maintain compliance with HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules. However, to ensure strict client confidentiality, we voluntarily choose to meet and exceed the HIPAA standards and provisions required to protect patient information.
How will Twin Cities Care protect my privacy?
- We will not sell your name, email address, phone number, or any other information whatsoever, to any third parties or partners.
- Our care managers are the only staff with access to sensitive client information, such as your medical, financial and other personal data.
- Matching clients with care facilities is our core business so with your permission, we will share relevant medical and financial information with care providers of your choice in order to determine whether that care provider is a good match for your care needs and personal preferences.
- All client data is stored and transmitted using secure computer systems, including HIPAA-compliant email and fax systems (compliance and audit statements available upon request).
- We may disclose your personal information as necessary to comply with the law or disaster relief efforts.
- We may release your health records without your authorization in case of a medical emergency where you are incapacitated or otherwise incapable of acting in your best interests.